View RSS Feed

davewerden

New Article by Arthur Lehman: The British Euphonium Sound

Rate this Entry
Legendary euphoniumist (and prolific author!) Arthur Lehman has just written a few thoughts about the British euphonium sound that we all talk about so much. Here is an excerpt:

It just occurred to me today. When I listened to music off a new CD I'd just acquired, of the Salvation Army's International Staff Band from England, that for years when I have written many articles, I have unintentionally overlooked the English euphonium players. When I would, for instance, say something like this, "of all of the euphonium players I can think of, Harold Brasch had the best tone." well, I was automatically thinking of only the American youffers, forgetting completely about the English youffers. Now, that was a really huge blunder for, of all the world's best tone, the English youffers are far ahead of everyone else anywhere in the world. Far ahead!

Read the full post here:

The British Euphonium Sound, by Arthur Lehman

Submit "New Article by Arthur Lehman: The British Euphonium Sound" to Digg Submit "New Article by Arthur Lehman: The British Euphonium Sound" to del.icio.us Submit "New Article by Arthur Lehman: The British Euphonium Sound" to StumbleUpon Submit "New Article by Arthur Lehman: The British Euphonium Sound" to Google

Comments