View RSS Feed

Euphonium-Tuba Blog

New Videos on this site or elsewhere.

1. Are You a Member of ITEA?

The International Tuba-Euphonium Association, I.T.E.A., was formerly known as the Tubists Universal Brotherhood Association (T.U.B.A. - a more-or-less contrived name, including euphonium by virtue of its being a tenor tuba). This organization sponsors local, regional, national, and international events for tuba and euphonium players. They also comminssion new works for these instruments. Most members find real value in their quarterly ITEA Journal, which has articles, music and recording review, ...
  2. Live Streaming Brass Music

I just learned of a site that has a stream of brass music. The music mix is changed every week or so. New music added and some removed.

Central Time on Saturdays from 10AM to 6PM is Drum Corps Saturday with nothing but drum corps music
    Daily from 2 AM to 10 AM is All British Style Brass Bands (8AM to 6 PM GMT for those in Europe)
    and from 10 AM to 5 PM is Brass Band Sunday featuring British Style Brass Bands

www.live365.com/stations/docfox
  3. Unaccompanied Euphonium Music

There is a new topic in the Tuba-Euphonium Forum that discusses unaccompanied music for euphonium. There are three suggestions there now - please feel free to offer your own favorites.
  4. Fast Warm-Up with a Cold Horn

Living in Minnesota, it is pretty common to walk into a gig with a very cold horn. With euphonium and tuba, it is difficult to get them up to temperature quickly. But even more importantly, performing your own warm-up on a cold mouthpiece can be bad for your chops.

When I am in this situation, the first thing I do is grab my mouthpiece and go to find a faucet. Run some warm water through the mouthpiece. While are at it, get a paper towel and twist one corner of it to make a spike ...
  5. New Euphonia Article: Review of the Donald White Lyric Suite for Euphonium

The latest in our series of reprints from Euphonia magazine is a review of the popular Lyric Suite by Donald White. This review was written by Lee Dummer, who was newly in the position of associate editor for the magazine. Read the review of Lyric Suite by Donald White

Updated 11-23-2021 at 07:02 PM by davewerden

Categories
    Euphonium-Tuba Blog , Reviews , Tuba-Euphonium Site News
  6. Free MP3 Recordings of Dave Werden

Our site has a page listing several free MP3 downloads of David Werden playing euphonium, double-bell euphonium, and baritone. In some cases the sheet music is linked as well. View them at Free MP3 Recordings of Dave Werden, Euphonium
  7. Rondo by Claude T. Smith

I have often been asked about a piece a played with the U.S. Coast Guard band several years ago. It has been around the Internet a bit, so many people have heard it without benefit of program notes. The piece is Rondo for Trumpet by Claude T. Smith. It was written for Doc Severinsen. I believe I was the first euphonium soloist to perform it, and I did so after consulting with Mr. Smith. It is published by Wingert-Jones, and Robert King Music carries it:
    http://www.rkingmusic.com/
  8. Euphonia Magazine Section added to Website

In the late 1970's and early 1980's there was a magazine called Euphonia published by Glenn Call of the U.S. Marine Band. It contained a variety of good information for the euphonium. I have received permission of Mr. Call to re-publish many of the articles on my website. These are free - no login or registration is required.

There are 12 articles now, and the list will grow. To read them, go to:

www.dwerden.com/euphonia-index.cfm

Articles currently include: ...
Page 81 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast