View RSS Feed

Euphonium-Tuba Blog

New Videos on this site or elsewhere.

1. U.S. Marine Band - Sousa's King Cotton

The United States Marine Band is generous with some of their music. They have made the great Sousa march King Cotton available for you to hear.

This performance was conducted by Michael Colburn (former euphonium soloist with the Marine Band).

Updated 06-06-2017 at 12:50 PM by davewerden

Categories
    Euphonium-Tuba Blog , Free Downloads - Recordings and Music
  2. Euphonium / Tuba Downloads: Tuba-Euph Store, under $1 each

Amazon's Tuba-Euphonium store has opened two new sections. Here you can buy MP3 files (high quality) for download. These files are not protected the way some downloads are, so you can load them easily on any portable player or your computer. You can also choose to make CD's from them.

Euphonium MP3 Store

Tuba MP3 Store
  3. Video - Euphoniumist Lee Harrelson Playing Carrickfergus

This video link is to a news site that is talking about a concert by the Fountain City Brass Band. Lee Harrelson does a very nice job on this beautiful song.

WIBW News Page - Lee Harrelson Playing Carrickfergus on Euphonium
  4. Steven Mead Demonstrates Multi-phonics

Here is good, short video showing Steve Mead playing (with) multiphonics for a live audience. He demonstrates a little "show biz" flair to make the technique fun for the audience to listen to.

5. Salvation Army New York Staff Band - Cossack Fire Dance

The New York Staff Band is one of the best bands in the Salvation Army, and also one of the best brass bands in the U.S. In this interesting feature they play Cossack Fire Dance, which features many of the band's musicians, especially the cornet, trombone, and euphonium.

6. New Tuba Recordings Section in Amazon's Tuba-Euphonium Store

This special tuba-euphonium store has been around for a while, but a new section has been added specifically for tuba CD's. There are currently over 60 available titles for tuba solo, ensembles, etc. Artists include Pat Sheridan, the Canadian Brass, Arnold Jacobs, Velvet Brown, Roger Bobo, Jim Self, the Tubadours, Gene Pokorny, and many others. You will find some surprises in there.

Tuba Recordings (CD's)

7. British Nationals - Amazing Experience

At the end of this post are the results of this year's British National brass band competition. My first and only "live" experience with the British Nationals was in 1980 when I went to England to accept the Euphonium Player of the Year award. My hosts for the trip set me up with box seats for the contest in Royal Albert Hall.

My wife, who was a clarinet player in the Coast Guard Band, was with me on the trip. Keeping in mind that she is played clarinet, imagine her anticipation ...
  8. The Arban Solos

I think most low brass players have studied out of the Arban book at some point. It is still my all-time favorite all-in-one book (if you were stranded on an island and could only have one method book, ...). There are twelve terrific theme with variation solos in the back of the book. When I was in school I did not realize that one can buy piano accompaniments for all these solos.

They are all collected in this convenient book:

Twelve Celebrated Fantasies And ...
Page 49 of 94 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast