View RSS Feed

Videos

Videos on this or other sites.

1. New Video: Trevor Groom, Euphonium Solo - Home on the Range

There is a brand-new video on the Euphonium Videos page. This one is from 1972 (actually, it is audio and a still photo) and features the great Trevor Groom performing Home on the Range. The solo was arranged by Erik Leidzen for euphonium and brass band. Nice performance!

As you listen, keep in mind that this was "old technology." He used an old-style Besson, no trigger, no gold plating or anything!

Home on the Range, Euphonium Solo
  2. New Tuba and Euphonium Videos

I have added many new videos recently to both the euphonium and the tuba video players on my site.

Below is a little pick-up group, including David Childs. This any many other new videos (including 7 by Steven Mead and 3 by Trevor Groom, who performs the Horovitz Concerto written for him), all available on the Euphonium Videos Page:

Here is one of the new videos from the Tuba Video Collection. It features some find playing by Steve Sykes: ...
  3. Heredity and Embouchures

Brass players often ponder embouchures because the way our chops do their work is so critical to the results we get out of the horn. When I was as undergrad the trend was to try to get all players to fit a specific model - slight "frown" at the corners, mouthpiece pointed downward somewhat. I had to negotiate a bit with my instructor because my teeth do not have the more common overbite, but rather have a more-or-less even bite (the top teeth are roughly even with the bottom teeth). It was impossible ...
  4. Happy New Year: David Thornton, Auld Lang Syne

To say Happy New Year, here is a YouTube video featuring the excellent euphonium playing of David Thornton. He does the theme and variations version of Auld Lang Syne. This is a slide show with sound, not a live video. Enjoy!

5. Merry Christmas from the Philadelphia Orchestra Brass

Here is a new YouTube video with a couple of Christmas songs from the low brass section of the Philadelphia Orchestra. Playing in a very informal setting, you will hear Eric Carlson-Bass Trumpet, Jeff Lang- Wagner Tuba, Matt Vaughn-Euphonium, and Carol Jantsch- Tuba.

6. Euphonium Fun in Germany

Here is a new video in my Euphonium Video Collection. It is a German polka-style band, and this tune features a euphonium. The player is using an American-style euphonium with a forward-facing bell. The style is a bit more aggressive than we are used to in the U.S. but it is a lot of fun to hear.

View the entire collection at the link above, or see this one video below:

7. YouTube Video: Sleigh Ride, USCG Band

Below is a YouTube video of The United States Coast Guard Band playing Leroy Anderson's Sleigh Ride. The session was from around 1979. We are "lip sync'ing" to a tape of ourselves in this one so the cameras could get where they needed without worrying about microphones. If you watch closely, you will see that in a close-up of a trumpet player, his 3rd valve sticks down. After that he just kept his 3rd finger down, too, so it looked more normal, but he didn't get a lot more camera shots.
  8. Dave Werden Video - Facilita

I have just added a new video to my YouTube collection. This one features my solo performance of John Hartmann's Facilita, done at a concert in Maryland during a tour with The U.S. Coast Band.

You can see all my YouTube videos here:

YouTube: Dave Werden
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast