View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Review of My "13 Selected Rose Etudes" for Euphonium

Here is a nice review from the ITEA Journal, Volume 44, #1. Used with the permission of ITEA:

13 Selected Rose Etudes by Cyrille Rose transcribed and edited for euphonium by David R. Werden. Cimarron Music Press. 15 Corrina Lane, Salem, CT 06420. 860-536-2185. Fax: 888-235-1772. sales@cimarronmusic.com. www.cimarronmusic.com. CM 2703. 2015. $20.

David Werden served as the euphonium soloist with The United States Coast Guard Band and is an active euphonium soloist and educator ...

Updated 04-29-2023 at 08:21 PM by davewerden

Categories
    Euphonium-Tuba Blog , General Tuba-Euphonium Blog , Reviews
  2. Dave Werden - Alliance Artist

Many of you know I recently became (officially) an Alliance Artist. I was using an Alliance DC4 and now use the DC3, after many years of playing other mouthpiece from the Denis Wick brands.

It is an usually comfortable mouthpiece! I don't know if it is because of the rim width or contour alone, or if the cup and backbore contribute to comfort by the way the respond. Whatever the case, it surely feels great! I have to thank David Childs for putting me on that track, because I had become ...

Updated 04-23-2023 at 01:04 PM by davewerden

Categories
    Euphonium-Tuba Blog , General Tuba-Euphonium Blog , Instruments and Equipment