View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. New Page: Steven Mead Materials

Famous euphoniumist Steven Mead has helped to produce numerous materials. This site now has a web page with a collection of these materials. There are several music books that come with CD's as well as some recordings. Click the link to go to the Steven Mead Materials page
  2. Follow-Up from Tubonium

Tubonium is over and is was a great succes. Lots of enthusiast performers, competitors,and audience members made it fun to be there. I promised I would provide more information about my recital. First, the articles I referred to are:

Baritone-Euphonium comparison, www.dwerden.com/eu-articles-bareuph.cfm

Compensating System: www.dwerden.com/eu-articles-comp.cfm

Also, as an encore I played a hymn and descant from a book called ...
  3. One-Size-Fits-All Tuba Recommendation

I recently asked a number of top professional tubists in the U.S. for some advice on behalf of a student. The student wants an E-flat tuba that is large enough to use in an orchestral setting but small enough to use for solos, jazz, and chamber ensembles. I got some great advice, and it boiled down to two "best" choices: the Willson E-flat and the Besson E-flat. The Willson got a couple more votes, but both horns were highly regarded.
  4. New CD by Jon Sass

JON SASS - Sassified

Jon's playing on this CD has gotten rave reviews from world-famous artists. His unique style is very refreshing - he is one of a kind! Click the link that follows to go to Jon's web site (which will open in a new window):

www.jonsass.com/sassified.html
  5. Polishing the Other Pieces

In addition to polishing the visible parts of you horn, you should pay attention to the parts you can't see. The tuning slides should be polished from time to time...

The rest of this message is found in our forum
  6. New Jazz Euphonium CD by Tom Ball

Denver (Colorado) euphoniumist Tom Ball has created a new CD of jazz. Very fine playing, and in a style different from the way you usually hear a euphonium. Learn more and hear sound clips by clicking the link that follows (which will open in a new brower window): www.cdbaby.com/cd/tball
  7. Polishing Tips for silver

Many people have asked me how to polish silver instruments. You need to do two things. First you need to clean and polish the horn, and second you need to keep the tarnish from coming back very soon.

The full article can be found in our forum.
  8. Compensating System - Flash Tutorial Available

This site has featured for several years a page explaining the 3- and 4-valve compensating systems. More recently, a Flash version has been added. This version is interactive and much easier to read and understand. Go to http://www.dwerden.com/eu-articles-comp.cfm and click on the valve system icon on the right side.
Page 91 of 94 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast