View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. New Link Added: Roadside Attractions in America

Roadside America's list of attractions ranges from the world's largest cow to birds that re-enact Bible stories. You can search by state and read the tips to find out more about each attraction. Visit our links page at dwerden.com/links
  2. New Link: Translation Errors

Humorous errors found when various languages are translated into English. Visit our links page at dwerden.com/links
  3. New Series of Arthur Lehman Articles

I have just posted the first in a series of articles by the famous euphonium soloist Arthur Lehman. Arthur was the principal euphonium and also the featured euphonium soloist with the United States Marine Band. He was good friends with band enthusiast Bob Hoe. When Bob was in the hospital in 1983, Arthur wrote him a series of articles about music, bands, and euphonium. Many of these have been compiled into the book The Brass Musician, published by Cimarron Music Press.

I am now editing ...
  4. Euphonium Mouthpiece Study

Years ago I did an article on euphonium mouthpieces that was published in Euphonia and in The Instrumentalist magazines. If there is still interest I will work on updating the article. EUPHONIUMISTS: please post a comment to this blog saying what mouthpiece you use (your primary choice). Thanks!
  5. Opinions about Euphonium Brands

6. Newest Addition to Links Section - Shop Local

TubaEuph.com has a good links area that contains carefully chosen links to other web site. The newest addition is a site that lets you enter your zip code and find what is on sale near you.

Go to the Links page to learn more, then select Shopping and Bargains as your categories.
  7. New Euphonium Pieces - Stock Numbers Now Assigned

The four new pieces I performed at Tubonium are now in the Cimarron catalog online and also in the downloadable catalog.
    Stock numbers and prices are the following.

Schubert - An die Musik, number 1043: $10.00.

Trad. - Last Rose of Summer, number 1044: $15.00

French - Phil the Fluter's Ball, number 1045: $15.00

Romberg - Serenade from The Student Prince number 1046: $15.00

8. New Euphonium Solos Ready for Orders

The four new pieces I performed at Tubonium are now ready for publication by Cimarron Music Press. Prices are now set at the following. An die Musik: $10.00. Last Rose of Summer: $15.00. Phil the Fluter's Ball: $15.00. Serenade from The Student Prince: $15.00. Contact Cimarron Music Press directly to order: www.cimarronmusic.com/ContactUs.cfm. Once the have assigned catalog numbers to these pieces, I will post a link to them directly.
Page 90 of 94 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast