View RSS Feed

Free Downloads - Recordings and Music

1. Free MP3 of Art Lehman - Endearing Young Charms

In honor of the United States Marine Corps 223rd birthday, here is a free MP3 recording of Arthur Lehman performing Believe Me If All Those Endearing Young Charms. The recording is from 1957. In case you are not familiar with the piece, it was first arranged for euphonium by Simone Mantia, euphonium soloist with the John Philip Sousa band. Mantia did the arrangement that features the best of the euphonium sound on the lyrical melody, a snappy first variation, a lovely fast-but-lyrical second variation, ...
  2. Childs Brothers - Moto Perpetuo

I have just added a recording to our Downloads for Members Only area in the Euphonium-Tuba Forum. It is a live recording from The United States Tuba-Euphonium Conference about 15 years ago. It is a "must-hear" performance! They trade lines back and forth so fast you can hardly keep up.

Childs Brothers: Moto Perpetuo, free MP3 download.
  3. Recording of Dave Werden's Recital from ITEC

I have added MP3 files of the pieces from my recital at ITEC 2008. They are available for free in my forum's Downloads for Members Only section:

Downloads for Members Only (See "Dave Werden Program...")

You have to be a member of the forum to even see this category, but membership is free. There is also a poll asking which of the four pieces you like the best. Please take time to answer the poll. It helps me know what I should be programming in the ...
  4. U.S. Air Force Band: American Red Cross March

Thanks to the generosity of The United States Air Force Band, we can offer this MP3 recording of a very popular march from the band literature, American Red Cross by Louis J. Panella. The Air Force Band is one of the very best bands in the world, so this recording can serve as a good model for any other band wishing to play it or for an instrumentalist wishing to know how his/her part fits in.

The American Red Cross - March (free MP3 download)

Updated 07-10-2023 at 04:42 PM by davewerden

Categories
    Euphonium-Tuba Blog , Free Downloads - Recordings and Music
  5. U.S. Marine Band Performing Sousa Overture

Here is our newest featured recording, this time from The United States Marine Band. John Philip Sousa is known as "The March King" in the USA, but he also composed other types of music. Here is the Marine Band performing Sousa's Overture to the American Maid. This is from a live performance from November 15, 2004, as part of the Marine Band National Concert Tour.
  6. Christmas Music (Jazz) - Hark the Herald Angels Sing

Courtesy of The United States Air Force Band, here is a selection from the famous jazz ensemble, the Airmen of Note. This group is the continuation of Glenn Miller's Air Force band, which was originally formed during World War II. The downloadable file is an MP3 that can be used on your portable music player or your computer.

Hark the Herald Angels Sing
  7. U.S. Marine Band - Sousa's King Cotton

The United States Marine Band is generous with some of their music. They have made the great Sousa march King Cotton available for you to hear.

This performance was conducted by Michael Colburn (former euphonium soloist with the Marine Band).

Updated 06-06-2017 at 12:50 PM by davewerden

Categories
    Euphonium-Tuba Blog , Free Downloads - Recordings and Music
  8. America the Beautiful - Army Brass Quintet

We offered this piece last year around this time as well, but it is appropriate to offer it again as we approach our Independence Day national holiday (the 4th of July, 231st anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence). It is a free MP3 download of the United States Army Band Brass Quintet playing an arrangement of American the Beautiful. Nice arrangement and nice performance!

Download America the Beautiful by the Army Brass Quintet
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast