Principal Tuba

Solo: Vaughn Williams: Tuba Concerto - First Movement

Orchestral excerpts:

Berlioz: Symphonie Fantastique - last movement, 84 - end

Berlioz: Hungarian March from the Damnation of Faust

Mahler: Symphony #1 - third movement, rehearsal number 1 - 4

Prokofiev: Symphony #5 - first movement, rehearsal number 3 - 6

Wagner: The Ride of the Valkyries

Wagner: Overture to Die Meistersinger ...
  2. New Page Added for Tuba CD's

I have added a new page for the site specifically to list tuba recordings that are readily available for download or purchase on the Internet. Check out the Tuba CD and Recording Page

Categories include:
    - Brass Quintet
    - Jazz Euphonium-Tuba CD
    - Jazz Tuba CD
    - Tuba CD
    - Tuba CD and Sheet Music
    - Tuba featured in Ensemble
    - Tuba Quartet
    - Tuba with Band
    - Tuba with Orchestra
    - Other Tuba Recordings
  3. New Page Added: Euphonium CD's

There is a new item in the Euphonium drop-down menu for Euphonium CD's. This page lists recordings from many fine artists, and they should be easily available online. The Euphonium CD page is at www.dwerden.com/Euphonium_CD.cfm. Categories include euphonium with band accompaniment, solo CD's, recordings that include sheet music, jazz euphonium, jazz euphonium-tuba ensemble, and Music Minus One.
  4. Fighting Dry Mouth

This is a serious problem for a performer, and is caused by the various ways that nervousness affects your body.

I will post 2 messages that appeared on the old TUBA Discussion mailing list. However, first I would also suggest the obvious: that you must drink a lot of water before the performance. I usually prepare 1/2 to 1 hour ahead of performance time by taking sips of water every few minutes. You need to build up a supply that your body can call on when you need it.

Updated 01-04-2019 at 04:17 PM by davewerden

Categories
    Euphonium-Tuba Blog , Performance Tips
  5. What is a Double-Bell Euphonium?

They were made to give the euphonium more versatility, so you could better match the trombones, horns, etc. or to give a lighter sound when playing with bassoons, etc. Soloists use(d) the extra bell for special effects, such as echoes.

The last valve on the horn (either 4 or 5) was used to switch the sound from one bell to the other -- both could not play at the same time. On better horns, the playing qualities were pretty good with the large bell, and not bad with the small one. Each ...
  6. Difference Between Boosey Hawkes and Besson

Originally posted on the TUBA Discussion List several years ago, by "Klaus":

Boosey, Besson, and Hawkes merged under the same umbrella with Boosey & Hawkes as the company name.

When I entered the world of brass in 1960 there were still 2 set of brand names:
    • B&H had Imperial engraved on their top line (stamped Class A) and Regent engraved on their second line (stamped Class B).
    • Besson had New Standard engraved on their top line (Class A) and Westminster on their
  7. New Link Added - Find a Song

A new link was added to the links area (go to dwerden.com/links and select Music General --> Resources). The site is called Find a Song and it lets you enter notes from a song on a graphic piano keyboard or by entering sequence codes. You can even whistle the tune if you have a computer microphone.
  8. Euphonium Resources Page Modified

I have just added a valuable new link to the Euphonium Resources page. It enables you to download a free set of recordings /booklet that help you develop a good ear for intonation. Follow the link and scroll down to the Online / WEB Resources section. (Thanks to Tom Ball for offering this resource)

The full address is:

http://www.dwerden.com/euphonium-resources.cfm
Page 88 of 94 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast