View RSS Feed

davewerden

My Program at IEI

Rate this Entry
I promised I would post my program and how to obtain the music. The list below is my complete program, and I tried to list sources for the music (but some, like Morning Song) may be tough to get.

I opened with a brand-new arrangement of mine, Neapolitan Dance from Swan Lake. It's short and within the ability of most good players:

Neapolitan Dance

The Allegro Moderato by Capuzzi is one that I did last year. It is the first movement of the Concerto for Bass Tuba. There is a very popular arrangement by Catelinet of the 2nd and 3rd movements, called Andante and Rondo. The Allegro Moderato is the missing first movement. It is available from:

Sheet Music Plus

or

Cimarron Music

Morning Song by Roger Kellaway was written for Roger Bobo (tubist) but it makes a much more comfortable euphonium solo because it goes up to a high B-flat. It may still be available from Robert King. The original publishers is Editions BIM

Robert King

(Click Order -> Search - enter "Kellaway" for composer and select "Tuba and Piano" for instrumentation)

I love to perform solos by Rafael Mendez, and Jota is one I have owned for a while but never had the nerve to program. It's a challange, but lots of fun. It is only available in a book of Mendez solos, which is well worth purchasing:

The Rafael Mendez Collection

Highlights include Mexican Hat Dance, Habanera from Carmen, Zigeunerweisen, Ave Maria (Bach-Gounod), Jota, Danse Boheme, anb Scherzo in D minor. A Biographical introduction by Ken Smith, a Discography and a personal note by "Doc" Severinson are also included, making this book an essential purchase for every trumpet player.

For my encore I offered 'Till There Was You from The Music Man by Merideth Wilson. It is available alone:

Till There Was You

or as part of a collection:

The Music Man Collection

Includes Gary Indiana, Goodnight My Someone, It's You, My White Knight, Pick-A-Little Talk-A-Little, Seventy Six Trombones, Sincere, Till There Was You, The Wells Fargo Wagon, Will I Ever Tell You, Ya Got Trouble, Rock Island, Iowa Stubborn, If You Don't Mind My Saying So, The Sadder But Wiser Girl, Eulalie's Ballet, Shipoopi, Marian The Librarian, Piano Lesson, Columbia, The Gem Of The Ocean, Lida Rose

Comments