View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Review: Hartley Bi-Valve Suite for Euphonium and Tuba

The collection of articles re-printed from Euphonia Magazine now includes a review (written by euphoniumist Lee Dummer) of the Bi-Valve Suite for euphonium and tuba by Walter Hartley. This is one more in a series of articles we are re-issuing thanks to the willingness of Euphonia's creator, Glenn Call.

Bi-Valve Suite

Updated 11-23-2021 at 07:01 PM by davewerden

Categories
    Euphonium-Tuba Blog , Reviews , Tuba-Euphonium Site News
  2. Audition Advice from Arthur Lehman.

There is a new article in the Euphonia Magazine section of this site. Arthur Lehman, retired Euphonium Soloist from The United States Marine Band, offers audition advice for those wishing to play in a service band.

Read Euphonium Audition Advice from Arthur Lehman
  3. Updated Blog Now Live

We have an updated version of our blog deployed now. It looks a lot different, but mostly it has better functionality. I hope it is easier to use. It will also enable me to screen comments before they are made live (we have had a problem with spamming lately).

Feel free to comment if you have any thoughts about the blog software/appearance.
  4. Updated Forum

The software that runs our Forum has just had a major update. There are new convenience features available to you (as well as a new look). More features will added in the future as I learn how to use them! Follow the link below to see it in action.

TubaEuph Forum
  5. U.S. Army Band Tuba-Euphonium Conference

The Army Band is once again hosting a great conference in January, 2006.

The U.S. Army Band is proud to announce the 23rd Annual Tuba-Euphonium Conference. The Conference features concerts, recitals, exhibits, master classes and lectures by leading low brass authorities from around the world.

The Conference will open on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 and close Saturday, January 28, 2006. Events on all four days are free and open to the public. No tickets or reservations ...
  6. Playing in a Military Band

Prompted by a question from someone on a forum, I have put some thoughts on my forum about playing in a military band (service band). I will add to it as I think of more:

Playing in a Military Band
  7. Tubas and Euphoniums in Movies and TV

On the TubaEuph Forum on this site, there are categories for Euphonium Sightings and Tuba Sightings. I am trying to collect examples of either instrument being seen in movies or on television shows. So far we have enties for Sweeney Todd, Brassed Off, Star Wars: Empire of Dreams, The Music Man, The 40 Year-Old Virgin, and Angel in My Pocket.

Follow one of the links below if you would like to see what we have so far or add something:

Tuba Sightings

Euphonium ...
  8. Earle Louder CD's Available

This message was posted on the SmartGroups-TubaEuph discussion list:

I am excited to be able to tell you that after nearly 50 years of performing and teaching excellence, Dr. Earle Louder is releasing not one, but three CDs. They are all from live recordings spanning his entire career with the Navy Band and Morehead State University as well as a few pieces from his Doctoral Recitals at the University of Florida. The cost is $19 for one CD, $28.50 for two CDs and $41 for three CDs ...
Page 80 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast