View RSS Feed

Videos

Videos on this or other sites.

1. New Video Browse Tool - 685 Brass Music Videos!

There are some exciting new changes in the Brass Music Videos section of this site! In order to make it easier to find the video or want, or to discover a video you hadn't considered, I have gone away from the YouTube player and have now given you a data-driven search or browse feature.

Videos are categorized by instrument or ensemble. Choices include Brass Ensemble / Brass Band, Euphonium and Baritone Horn, French Horn, Trumpet and Flugelhorn, Trombone, and Tuba. Those links ...
  2. Video - Dave Werden, Beethoven Theme & Variations

I posted a video on YouTube of the Seven Variations in Eb Major (based on Mozart's Opera "The Magic Flute") by Beethoven. It comes from a recital I took part in at the University of Connecticut during my graduate studies. This is during the semester I studied with cello instructor Mary Lou Rylands. The piece was originally for cello and piano. I am playing from the cello part, not from an arranged version.

So euphonium players looking for new material could simply get this or ...
  3. Tuba Video - Gregson Tuba Concerto, USCG Band, Adam Crow

There is a fine set of videos just added to my Tuba Videos collection. It is a performance of the Gregson Tuba Concerto featuring tuba soloist Adam Crow and The United Coast Guard Band. It is a live recording made on October 25, 2009, with Adam Williamson conducting. Each movement is a separate video. Find this set plus 70 other tuba videos on the link below.

Tuba Music Videos
  4. Want to Be Successful? Be Creative! (Tuba Videos)

I have put of many, many videos that a serious player can enjoy and learn from. Well, today's offering is a little bit different.

The group is a trio, with one tuba and, well, two other performers. I'm not sure how many advanced techniques you'll pick up by watching these, but you may get an idea or two about different types of presentations you could offer. The group is called the Kransky Sisters. (One could easily doubt that they are related to each other, especially since the ...
  5. Russian Christmas Music, Video of C.G. Band and Russian Band

This a 2-part video of a concert in Leningrad, USSR (now St. Petersburg). It was from a tour The United States Coast Guard Band did in 1989. We played several concerts around the area and capped it with a joint concert between the USCG Band and the Leningrad Military District Band. The performance was in October Hall, June 22, 1989. (This was the first anniversary of the USA-USSR Intermediate Range Nuclear Forces Treaty.) The concert was broadcast live on Russian television.

Part ...
  6. New Euphonium Videos Added

By now I hope you are familiar with the section on this site offering brass videos. There are sections for brass ensemble, trumpet, horn, euphonium, trombone, and tuba. I recently added euphonium videos featuring Demondrae Thurman, Steve Mead, Matt Tropman, Demondrae Thurman, Gail Robertson, and Grant Pitcher. Just go to the page below - the rest should be obvious. (And links to the other instruments are right there as well)

Euphonium Music Videos
  7. Trying to Use the Perfect Embouchure? Why Bother

I often get questions about various techniques. Sometimes they are based on other teachers' input, sometimes they are questions that arise out of need. That usually pulls me into one of those "there is no one right answer" answers.

Take finger position. I advocate keeping the tips of the fingers on the top of the valve while maintaining a slight arch to the fingers. It is more efficient mechanically. No sooner do I say that than I see a video on YouTube of some great trumpet artist ...
  8. Technology and Euphonium Playing - Assistive Technology

(Thanks to forum member fsung for showing me this link)

mHere is an inspiring video of a young man who really wants to play euphonium. Unfortunately, he does not have a lot of facility in his arms and hands due to a birth condition. But that didn't stop him! He now plays via an electronic "joy stick" device that helps him work the valves. The device works with solenoids and enables him to play in the concert, jazz, and marching band. (In the latter case, he is among the stationary ...
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast