View RSS Feed

davewerden

1. LEGAL CD's and Downloads

Following up on the post about illegal downloads and CD copying, I want to point out that it is very easy to get legal music these days. I have tried to collect various sources on the Internet and point you to quality titles.

This page has dozens of legally downloadable euphonium and tuba tracks/albums:

Music Downloads for Tuba and Euphonium

And there are pages for tuba and euphonium with a huge variety of CD's. I have tried to list only titles that ...
  2. Free Downloads, Free CD's from Friends, etc.

I just got a disturbing email from the owner of Mark Custom Recordings. For a while now I think most people have been aware that the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) has been filing hundreds of lawsuits against individuals for illegal file sharing (and recently for illegal file downloading). Their tactics seems a bit heavy handed, but certainly any business or business support organization has to be concerned about the proliferation of copied recordings.

Most of ...
  3. Euphonium Duet - Endearing Young Charms, on video

There is a new video on YouTube that features members of a Navy band (not THE Navy Band) performing my arrangement of Believe Me if all those Endearing Young Charms. The duet arrangement, with brass accompaniment, is listed on this page:

Euphonium Solos with Band

4. David Werden Program from Hawkeye Regional Conference

To save answering individual questions, I'll post a list of the music I played in Iowa City this past weekend (along with links to online sources, if available). Most of this music is playable by players of moderate skill level.

Recital with Piano:

Capuzzi - Allegro Moderato, movement 1 from Concerto for Bass (can fit with the Catilinet Andante and Rondo, which is made up of movements 2 and 3 from this concerto)

Allegro Moderato for Euphonium and ...
  5. Euphonium Duet: Timepiece, Salvation Army Band

I have mentioned this video before, but I will embed the video for your convenience. It is live performance of a Salvation Army Duet for Euphoniums called Timepiece. Very nicely played, but acoustics aren't so good.

6. Video of Saxhorn Ensemble

Saxhorns are similar to euphoniums and tubas in that they are a conical-bore instrument, but they are configured somewhat differently. Here is a video from YouTube with Excerpts from Carnival of the Animals.

7. David Werden Recital March 16 in Iowa City

I will be doing a recital as part of the 2007 Hawkeye Regional Tuba Euphonium Conference. I will be sharing the program with tubist Chester Schmitz (Boston Symphony Orchestra Principal Tuba, retired). My part of the program will include my first performance of my nearly-new arrangement of Capuzzi's Concerto for Bass, first movement and several other pieces of interest. The second half will feature the Eastern Iowa Brass Band, with Chester and me soloing.

Details here:
  8. Note Shapes: Finishing a Note (part 3 of 3)

The correct treatment of a note's ending is often neglected, even by some fairly well-known brass players. There are, of course, different opinions about how a note should sound, so I will try to stay in the mainstream of current thinking for this discussion.

Drooping note ending.

The pitch of the note should remain steady from start to finish, but especially at the end of the note it is easy to let the pitch drift. When some players taper the note's end, they also ...
Page 61 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast