View RSS Feed

Videos

Videos on this or other sites.

1. Two German Euphoniumists - Ten Bar Galopp

Just found this on YouTube - great fun! The players are using oval instruments that sound different from a British baritone or a European euphonium. They call these barytons.

2. Video - I Used to Play the Euphonium (by the Floozies)

There is a rock group called the Born Again Floozies that can be seen and heard in this video performing what I believe to be the only rock song with "Euphonium" in the title! It is called "I Used to Play the Euphonium" and is now available courtesy of YouTube:

I Used to Play the Euphonium
  3. Euphonium Video - Endearing Young Charms, solo

One our forum's frequent posters, Doug Ruby, has a video on YouTube showing his performance of Endearing Young Charms. I think you will enjoy his very characteristic performance on his antique 1932 Pan American Euphonium:

4. Outstanding Example of Musical/Technical Brass Playing

Sergei Nakariakov is an amazing young Russian trumpet/flugelhorn player. He has as much technique as any brass player I have heard, and his musicality is an excellent example to all of us. There is a nice video on YouTube of Sergei playing a Haydn cello concerto on flugel. Listen closely because it's hard to believe what he is able to do and sound so relaxed at the same time. There is a great CD available showing his gifts (from a much better microphone perspective), called No Limit. It is available ...
  5. Baritone Horn Solo - Video

This is a video of a nice performance on an British-style baritone horn. The piece is Sun, by Bruce Fraser. Soloist is Katrina Marzella with Brassband David (Zwolle, Netherlands). For those who are still confused about the difference between euphonium and baritone, this video should make it clearer. The horn looks much different from a euphonium, and you will find the sound to be much less deep.

6. Euphonium Duet - Endearing Young Charms, on video

There is a new video on YouTube that features members of a Navy band (not THE Navy Band) performing my arrangement of Believe Me if all those Endearing Young Charms. The duet arrangement, with brass accompaniment, is listed on this page:

Euphonium Solos with Band

7. Euphonium Duet: Timepiece, Salvation Army Band

I have mentioned this video before, but I will embed the video for your convenience. It is live performance of a Salvation Army Duet for Euphoniums called Timepiece. Very nicely played, but acoustics aren't so good.

8. Video of Saxhorn Ensemble

Saxhorns are similar to euphoniums and tubas in that they are a conical-bore instrument, but they are configured somewhat differently. Here is a video from YouTube with Excerpts from Carnival of the Animals.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast