View RSS Feed

Videos

Videos on this or other sites.

1. USCG Euphonium-Tuba Quartet: Wilhelm Ramsoe, Quartet

YouTube now has a video of The United States Coast Guard Band Euphonium-Tuba Quartet, performing at The Armed Forces School of Music. This video is the first of three movements of the Ramsoe Quartet, arranged by Gary Buttery. It was one of our most popular pieces on recitals and is pretty challenging.

You can get the sheet music here:

Ramsoe Quartet, arr. by Gary Buttery

You can see the video here or by watching the embedded video below. ...
  2. Video - Dave Werden, I'll Be Seeing You

There is a new video on YouTube now of me playing "I'll Be Seeing You." This was from a tour to England as part of the World War II remembrance activities. The song was very popular during WWII as an instrumental or vocal (usually the latter). Half of my interpretation was a kind-of tribute to Al Hirt, who could play a ballad and yet sneak in a lot of fast notes.

If you are a forum member, follow this link to learn a little more about the performance:

Downloads ...
  3. Movie to Watch: What Did You Do in the Way, Daddy?

Whether you are a euphonium player or just like well-done parody movies, you really should watch "What Did You Do in the War, Daddy?" First, it is a Blake Edwards film and is quite funny. But part of the attraction is some really fun moments on the Henry Mancini soundtrack when Dick Nash plays euphonium. Nash is known as Mancini's super-smooth trombonist, but he actually started out as a euphonium player. He plays in this soundtrack in a way that adds a lot of flavor to the particular characters ...
  4. Virtual Lesson with Hakan Hardenberger

I have recently added a new video to the Trumpet Music Videos page. This one is part of a master class by the great Swedish trumpet artist Hakan Hardenberger. He has studied at the Paris Conservatoire with Pierre Thibaud and in Los Angeles with Thomas Stevens.

You can learn a lot just by listening to Hakan play (he is found on other videos at the link below). But it is especially interesting to listen to the student play and then hear Hardenberger's comments and demonstration. ...
  5. Double-Bell Euphonium: Carnival of Venice (Dave Werden)

I posted another video on YouTube (although as of today it hasn't shown up in the Public area yet). This was my final performance at the Coast Guard Academy, so I pulled out my old (1935) double-bell euphonium and did my own version of Arban's Carnival of Venice. It wasn't my best night for performance quality, and the recording was made from an audience member's camcorder, but I decided to post it anyway. Despite the flubs and questionable audio quality, I think the character of the double-bell ...
  6. Outstanding Trombone Soloist - Brett Baker

Here is a new video of Black Dyke Mills' fantastic trombone soloist Brett Baker. He performs Arthur Pryor's Fantastic Polka and goes beyond just playing all the notes. Brett has fun with the music (I'm sure Pryor would have approved of such an approach!). The video is up on YouTube right now, but be sure to check it out soon. Sometimes video's get pulled off with no notice.

Brett Baker, trombone
  7. Kellaway, Morning Song - Dave Werden Video

From Tempe, Arizona, in 1996. This was my last guest performance ("on the road") as a Coast Guard musician, playing Roger Kellaway's Morning Song. This piece makes a fine euphonium solo, even though it was originally written for tuba player Roger Bobo. The range is from a low E-flat to a high B-flat. The low E-flats (2 of them) are just passing notes, and could even be left out if someone tried to play this on a 3-valve euphonium. However, I suspect anyone who has the ability to play the solo will ...
  8. USCG Band Euphonium-Tuba Quartet: English Country Garden

Here is a tune from the Coast Guard Band's Euphonium-Tuba Quartet during a clinic at the Armed Forces School of Music. Members are Dave Werden and Dan Vinson, euphoniums; Gary Buttery and Joanna Hersey tubas. The song is from my arrangement Songs of the British Isles, which is designed to be simple enough for any decent group to play, but in which I tried to make the arrangement interesting for listeners and performers. The is the last movement, English Country Garden.

The arrangement ...
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast