View RSS Feed

Videos

Videos on this or other sites.

1. Leningrad Military Band: Autumn Dream

This video is from a historic concert by The United States Coast Guard Band in combination with The Leningrad Military District Band. The Coast Guard Band was the first U.S. military band to play in the former Soviet Union (USSR). Our tour was mostly in the Leningrad area (also known as St. Petersburg). This concert was performed in the spectacular October Hall. Each band played some numbers alone and there were several combined numbers. In this selection you hear only the Leningrad band performing ...
  2. Video of USCG Band - Alleluia by Randall Thompson

Here is a performance by The United States Coast Guard Band. The piece is Randall Thompson's Alleluia, arranged by the Band's director, Lewis Buckley.

3. Coast Guard Band - His Honor March

This is a video of The United States Coast Guard Band performing in 1991. The march is His Honor by Henry Fillmore, conducted in this performance by the Band's director, LCDR Lewis Buckley (later, CAPT Buckley).

There are several audio recordings of this fine march available for individual download. Just follow this link (most are less than a buck):

His Honor March

Enjoy the video!

4. New Tuba Video - Oystein Baadsvik

I Just added a new video of Oystein Baadsvik performing with a small brass group. The piece is Adios Nonino, and has a nice combination of up-tempo sections along with some lovely lyrical tuba playing in the upper range.

Watch it here (and see the other 60 tuba videos):

Tuba Video Collection

Or watch just this new video on the player below:

5. Lyrics that Include "Euphonium" - Floral Dance

I first became familiar with the song "Floral Dance" from the movie "Brassed Off" and a few brass band recordings. It's an unusual and catchy tune with a compelling rhythm. I did not realize until recently that the lyrics for the vocal version include a mention of the euphonium, which makes this one of only a few songs that do.

Here is the vocal version:

Here is an instrumental by the great Brighouse & Rastrick brass ...
  6. Euphonium Video - Adrian Horwood: Traveling Along

I added a new video to the Euphonium Music Videos collection. This one features Adrian Horwood with the Chatham U.K. (brass) Band and Songsters in festival at Fulston Manor School. Recorded the 7th of February, 2009. This and 139 other euphonium videos are here:

Euphonium Videos

Updated 05-16-2019 at 07:39 AM by davewerden

Categories
    Euphonium-Tuba Blog , Videos
  7. Embouchure Development - New Videos

There are 3 new videos on the Trombone Videos page. The notes for the videos are:

1) This film by Lloyd Leno shows trombone embouchures filmed using a transparent mouthpiece and high speed filming. Additional comments by Leno from a screening of this film are dubbed in. In part 1 of 3 Leno introduces his film, shows the downstream embouchure. James Fulkerson, George Roberts, Stewart Dempster, and Bill Watrous are shown.

2) In part 2 of 3 Leno discusses the ...
  8. Mozart Duet for Tubas (Baadsvik & Zilincik) - Video

Here is a new video of Tony Zilincik and Oystein Baadsvik performing my arrangement of the Mozart Sonata KV 292 as a duet for two tubas. The tuba duet version music can be found on the tuba sheet music page. It is also available for euphonium and tuba (found on the same page) and for two euphoniums on the euphonium sheet music page.

View the video below or see it on the tuba video page.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast